Thursday, November 6, 2008

Obama-rama

The US Embassy was nice enough to host Americans at a fancy hotel in Bangkok to watch the election results come in. It was also nice that the results came in at such a reasonable hour in Thailand. 
They served mini American food, such as mini hamburgers, mini bagels, mini brownies, mini blueberry muffins, mini pecan pies. Mini is fun. 

In other exciting news I finally bought a bunch of plane tickets. I am officially going to India, Kenya, South Africa, and New Zealand. I leave for India on Wednesday. I will be volunteering at Shanti Bhavan. It is a residential school for some of the poorest "untouchable" caste children in South India. I'll have the privilege of working along side the amazing Becca Bailey ( a friend of mine from Star Island). 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Emily,

I love reading about your travels, and your list of things you've seen on a motorcycle is hilarious. Good luck on your continued journey. I can't wait for the list of the things you see on elephants!